My brother’s white coat ceremony

Jen-blog-brother-cliniccoat

My brother’s class at their Clinic White Coat Ceremony. He’s now officially a student intern!

The day after my birthday, my brother had his white coat ceremony, which is his official welcoming into the clinic as a practicing student intern.

It was nice that our parents were able to come down for it and celebrate this big day for him, as well as my birthday! Sometimes when you are in the trenches of all the exams, it’s hard to keep your eye on the target. It was so exciting to see him move on to the next step. Since Mike can’t work on family in the clinic, I’ll need to find another intern, but I’m sure he’ll do great!

The time sure does fly by at Palmer, even though some days it doesn’t feel like it. I’m sure Mike feels like he has been in school forever since he came straight from his undergrad program instead of working for a few years like me.

Class 171 is an average size class, and the ceremony took about an hour. Just over a year left for them! I’m looking forward to the day I have my white coat ceremony!

The ceremony took place on a Friday afternoon, and then after we did a little shopping around Davenport. In the evening we went out to eat at a German restaurant in Moline called Bierstube. The food was delicious, and they had some amazing desserts, which included Nutella!

-Minda