Spizz Night!

November started a new trimester, and, boy, did it get busy quickly! The second Friday of the month was Spizz Night. Normally, it’s the first weekend with the prospective student event but for some reason it was changed this trimester.

Spizz Night is one of my favorite nights of the trimester because I love hearing the practicing D.C.s speak about their experiences. This trimester Dr. Frank Lombardozzi, Dr. Mark Mouw and Dr. Nate Hinkeldey all spoke.

I started the night out helping at the booth for the sorority. A lot of first-year students stop by to see the different clubs on campus and for the free food (normally tacos). Things can be very hectic the first trimester because of all the events/clubs going on so this gives the sorority another chance to talk about the different professional events that happen.

Dr. Frank Lombardozzi and Dr. Mark Mouw spoke together, and it was very interesting to hear their story.  Especially Dr. Lombardozzi’s story about when he started his business thinking that patients would just show up. Instead he realized he needed to get his name out there and meet people. This has been something I’ve been hearing a lot lately, that in the beginning you will need to take the time and go speak and different groups or market yourself. I haven’t decided exactly what my plan is for after school, but it’s good to hear others’ achievements and failures so that I know what to repeat and not repeat!

Dr. Nate Hinkeldey started his presentation with BJ Palmer’s definition of Spizzerinctum (Spizz)! Which, before attending the prospective student event, I had never heard of this word. B.J. Palmer referred to it as “if a chiropractor is loaded with Spizzerinctum, his adjustments could make a bald man grow hair like a collie dog! You have no chiropractic practice without Spizzerinctum, everything else is just mechanics. Great chiropractors are loaded with Spizz, their magnetic and abundant energy flows through every cell of their being.” Or in simpler terms, enthusiasm for chiropractic!

Dr. Hinkeldey shared his experience working with M.D.s while working with his patients. His enthusiasm around chiropractic to fight for his patients’ well being showed tremendously during his speech, with working at the VA and within his own practice.

Spizz Night is always an exciting night and is always worth attending! There are also lots of giveaways throughout the night, for instance this Spizz Night there was student membership to the ICA, Green Books and gift cards to the Bookstore!

Jen