Spinal practical … sublux midterm … and BIRTHDAY!

Last week was one heck of a week with my spinal practical, sublux midterm and my birthday (which all ended up being Thursday and Friday). If you are a prospective student, you may not have already heard that Spinal is one heck of a class but on a positive note, Mr. Morter really prepares you for National Boards exams (from what I hear)!

Classes have changed slightly in the past year or so. When my brother, who is in 7th tri, took spinal it was broken out in two classes, now it’s one class.

I spent the beginning of the week working through bones (spine, ribs and sternum) so that I could how to write out the order quickly with correct spelling during the timed exam. So, for example, if the posterior tubercle was colored in on C1 you would need to write it out as following: C1, posterior arch, posterior tubercle. Not so hard, but sometimes under pressure you can easily forget something! Then Wednesday night was a late night in the library with another classmate, Jen. I was so excited (you could say) Wednesday night that I couldn’t sleep, and I don’t think it was because my birthday was Thursday!

Thursday was the big day for spinal, and it was my birthday! I started the first hour of the practical in the wet lab going over muscles and ligaments, which ended up being a good confidence booster. Then ended the second hour with the bones. So many people had said it was going to be super difficult and that they had left the practical exhausted. I think I prepared myself pretty well because I felt great leaving it and was very satisfied with my grade!

Thursday evening I met up with some friends to study for the sublux midterm, which was Friday. This class can also be challenging because it is one of the first classes where you have to think more outside the box instead of just memorizing things. Anyway, my friends were great and baked me a cake, ordered some food and had some amazing gifts! It was the best way to end my birthday with a very busy day and busy day ahead of me!

Jen