Prospective Student Event!

The Palmer campus! Davenport, Iowa.

The Palmer campus! Davenport, Iowa.

This weekend was the big Prospective Student Event on campus, which I attended to work the Pediatric Club booth. It seemed like there was a great turn-out of excited prospective students. I had a chance to speak with a few one-on-one when they stopped at our booth.

One person was telling us her story about watching a baby getting adjusted. Some people who stopped by said they were interested in pediatrics, too, but didn’t really think about babies getting adjusted. Before I was getting adjusted by my chiropractor back in Milwaukee, I didn’t think about babies getting adjusted, either. Now knowing what I know, I wonder why more babies and children are not getting adjusted!

Another person who had stopped at our both was really excited about pediatrics and started asking about how I liked Palmer. I told her that it had been a year since I had attended the Prospective Student Event and how I applied for the D.C. program that weekend when I got home–and then started in March. She was surprised with how quickly my process went, because she was looking at taking a year off and then coming next fall to Palmer. I was telling her that this event ended up making up my mind on what my next step in life should be, which ultimately was to quit my job and move to Davenport. It has been one of my best life choices!

I’ve talked about why I choose Palmer and chiropractic in a previous blog; but it was great getting a chance to be on the other side of the table, talking to those who might still be on the fence. Deciding to attend the Prospective Student Event and then deciding to attend Palmer has forever changed my life. I am very grateful to be a part of Palmer and chiropractic community.

If you are still on the fence about chiropractic or even Palmer, definitely check out a Prospective Student Event or even a tour! The students at Palmer are awesome and are always willing to help anyone out. So don’t ever hesitate to ask any question, whether it be to one of us bloggers or even the group on Facebook (Future Chiropractors – Palmer College of Chiropractic). I had my brother and his friends to ask questions of, and believe me, I had a lot!

Jen