Running the Arsenal bridge!

Sunrise over the Mississippi River, as seen from the Arsenal Island bridge.

Morning workouts are my favorite, mainly because I don’t have enough time to talk myself out of it that early. And then, before I know it, the workout is done!

Two of my awesome friends (Sara and Danielle) and I have started running in the mornings, which has been great because we all hold each other accountable for getting up in the morning.

I’ve always been a morning person, so getting up before sunrise isn’t an issue for me. I think being a morning person annoys people sometimes, but I love the fresh start of a new day, and I don’t understand how people can be grumpy with the morning! So, I tend to be most productive in the morning with school, too. One of my favorite places to run is across the Arsenal Bridge (check out the picture and you’ll understand why!). You just don’t get these views running in a gym or sleeping.

I also told a friend from back home that I would run a 15K with her Oct. 31 in the Milwaukee area. So I will be expecting a lot more of these beautiful sunrises for the next month as I train to run with her! Thankfully the race is over our break between trimesters.

If you aren’t a morning person, I’m sure you could get an amazing view of the sunset during a run, too. If I’m going to workout in the evenings, I would prefer yoga or Zumba, so I’ll stick with the sunrise.