Welcome to Jen, one of our new bloggers!

By week three of classes, the quizzes already started! I’ve been told this past summer break was longer than normal, which was four weeks. This was my first summer break starting at Palmer, and normally they summer breaks are three weeks long. The first two weeks back at school were a little hard getting back into the swing of things after spending the past month in Wisconsin with my family. But it feels good to be back and on a regular schedule.

Last trimester I joined the only sorority on campus, Sigma Phi Chi. With Homecoming just around the corner, we had to gear up the house for all of the visitors and graduated sisters to come back. I’m excited to be a part of Homecoming and see what it all has to offer! Stay tuned to see my posts within the next few days regarding Homecoming events I attend!

During the last weekend in Davenport there were the Bix and RAGBRAI events. There were bands downtown Friday and Saturday night, which was a nice break from studying and good to get out with some fellow classmates. Friday night we saw the band Electric Shock, which played AC/DC songs. I’m a big fan of AC/DC, so I thought the show was great!

I’m excited to share my journey with all of you!

-Jen