One thing I have done at Palmer that has been out of my comfort zone is getting in touch with the faculty and administration. I’ve always been very comfortable talking with other students, even support and office staff, but in the past I have limited my interactions with my professors. In my head, they didn’t have time for me, they weren’t interested, they had no idea who I was. At this school there is an illusion that you can fade into the background in the classroom. It’s an illusion indeed, because as I began to talk with faculty I realized how aware professors are of their class, no matter how big the class size. Many professors knew my name or face without ever having a conversation with me. Once I was realized that recognition here was a good thing, I was able to ignore the previous intimidation that held me back from obtaining tips, tricks, knowledge, and advice from those who are here to do just that. The faculty and administration at Palmer are genuinely interested in the thoughts, suggestions, and questions from the student body. My experience at school has become much more enjoyable since I acknowledged that the two-way street of communication between faculty and student is wide open.

-Hannah Anderson - Iowa Campus