Where has the time gone?

As I sit down to write this, I think about where the time has gone since I started at Palmer. I am almost done with my 6th quarter, just completed national boards, and gearing up for finals. I rarely take time to step back and look at all the time that has passed, all the exams I’ve crammed for, and all the memories I’ve made with my new friends. School has a way of doing that to you; it makes you focus on the moment, on cramming for the five tests you have that week, and not giving you much of a chance to look ahead. Before you know it, another set of midterms have passed and another quarter has come to an end. There are definitely times when I appreciate how fast the time flies by, but then there are others where I would like to just slam on the brakes and take this experience for what it is; a time where my friends will soon be my colleagues, where reading for pleasure happens only about twice a quarter, and making it to Friday without pulling an “all nighter” means it was a good week. Chiropractic school has a way of sucking you in; sometimes taking your focus off the big picture so you can make it just one more day. But, taking the time to see the light at the end of the tunnel, to see that you will be a health professional who will be positively changing lives on a daily basis without drugs and with just the use of your hands is an important thing to always remember. I constantly remind myself that this is just school, the real reward comes when I graduate and get the opportunity to better the lives of those who come to see me.

Ajay Iselin – West Campus