(Note: This was written at the end of March)

Spring break starts today. Really it’s just a few extra days off. Most colleges get an entire week, but we only get Friday and Monday off. I think it is good, though, because as I prepare to enter the professional world, it’s not like I get an entire week off several times throughout the year.

“Charcoal” or golden brown? What’s your preference?

Since the beginning of the Trimester, I have been going and going and going. I haven’t been able to do anything really fun with my kids. I play with them when I get home from school, of course, but with recently taking (National) Boards then trying to squeeze studying for the first rounds of tests this Trimester, it has been hard to take my brain off focus mode to really play with them.

We went to the park today and had a blast. Totally worth it. The ground was still a little wet but no big deal–that is why we have a bath/shower in the house! After we got home, we roasted marshmallows over our gas stove. My girls were hilarious. I faintly remember when I liked to eat a “charcoal” marshmallow instead of a warm, golden brown, heated up marshmallow. Maybe that is the true sign and gateway into adulthood, and the gateway into parenthood is obliging your children and eating charcoal again. It was a great day.

– Dylan M Clarke