Palmer Fridays!

Redband coffee ... yum!

Redband coffee … yum!

After a stressful two weeks, it was nice to relax on Friday! Usually in lower trimesters Friday classes are lighter, usually only having two classes. In 3rd trimester, you have five classes, but you have a couple breaks in the day so it seems like an easier day than normal.

On Fridays you always have the 9:20 a.m. hour open for club meetings! As a Palmer Pediatric Club officer, I have to attend the Pediatric Club on Fridays – which I LOVE. Every time I go to club I learn something I didn’t before.

I told you that time I learned about Webster’s right? I felt a baby INSIDE A PREGNANT LADY and could identify the spine, head, and butt. That is insane to me!!! How cool!

But this week we talked about different avenues we, as students, could take to become more educated in Pediatric Chiropractic. Some of the upper trimester students told us what they did and what they would do differently. It is really nice to know the different options and certification you can take!

It was also nice to hear the reality of advertising. Turns out you have to abide by specific state laws when advertising your pediatric involvement.

Another good thing was hearing about the time commitment and money needed to get certifications. AHHHH! The time piece doesn’t bother me, but the funds! YIKES! But every dollar invested into my education is well spent. 🙂

Because I had such a rough two weeks, I treated myself to Redband Coffee that morning. 🙂 I can’t tell you how nice it feels to be coming down from a stressful week with a coffee in hand and a smile on your face. And okay, let’s be honest. I think I had a Redband almost every day that week. But this one felt like a treat! It was not needed for an actual purpose, just enjoyment. 🙂

After classes I went home and did a little Netflix and chill (and by chill I mean I actually chilled out LOL). By a little I mean all night and was asleep by 8 p.m. 🙂 I have to say that time passed very slowly. It was like all of a sudden, now that I have nothing to do, time is my friend. I was **almost** bored. But an early bedtime means an early rise. Jen and I hit the Freight House Farmer’s Market and maybe Redband….hehehe 🙂

The rest of the weekend followed a similar suit. It was much needed.

Callie