First week back from break …

My first Palmer winter break is in the books. We’re going to play a little game: Expectation vs. Reality.

My expectation of break was to spend all my days with my family, binge watching Netflix, binge eating delicious homemade food, dining at my favorite places back home, sleeping in as late as possible, and enjoying the holidays. Maybe even showering more than twice … hehehe.

Expectations are pretty low here; but then there was the reality. The reality of break is that everyone from home wants to see you or do something, there’s a lot of traveling, early mornings and late nights, catching up on all the things you needed to do before break (but couldn’t get to), and the school work and studying. Don’t get me wrong, break was amazing, but it was a little different than I pictured. I did have a couple days to myself where my expectations came true, but for the most part I was very busy. It’s good to be busy though, keeps you from being lazy and makes you feel loved. 🙂

The first week back from break was filled with a couple quizzes and a PNS exam. If you remember my last PNS was not so good due to the Packers amazing win over the Lions, but this exam I prepared for. I knew I needed to do well and I did J Dr. Torgerud’s CNS and PNS classes are pretty tough, especially if neuro just doesn’t click for you. For me, I like the basics and I appreciate CNS/PNS but I could never specialize in advanced neuro cases. Not my thing. But anyways, after this exam on Thursday I was able to relax and prepare for next week’s exam.

My boyfriend Joey’s birthday was on Wednesday, and because I had PNS on Thursday, I wasn’t able to celebrate with him.

My family at the hockey game

My family at the hockey game

NOTE TO FAMILY MEMBERS OF A CHIRO STUDENT: Chiro school always wins. Always. We try our best, but most times school is already pulling us in every direction. But it’s only temporary. 🙂 But that being said, Joey and I celebrated the weekend after his birthday in Madison, Wis. We love Madison. 🙂 We lived there before Palmer, and Joey went to school there, so to say we miss it would be an understatement. We met his whole family down there on Saturday, went to our favorite restaurants, and also went to a Wisconsin men’s hockey game. It was a lot of fun! And I was glad Joey was able to celebrate his birthday properly, even if it was a little later. 🙂

But all good things come to an end, and we had to return to Iowa. I also had a test Monday morning, and the Pack played on Sunday. So I watched the game and then studied. Priorities people!!! Hehe.

But after the Immunology exam on Monday, I also had a Subluxation practical. Both went just okay. Need to do better next time, but not a big deal.

Now to prepare to take seven exams in less than two weeks … and it’s not even finals!

Callie