Rugby game and finals ….

So I know I’ve mentioned before, but the week before exams or finals is crucial. You can either rest up or you can live it up before you’re caged away for a while. With rugby, I get to experience a little bit of both. 🙂

Our game this weekend was in Milwaukee, and my parents were coming to watch. My best friend Lucie also lives in Milwaukee, so I thought I would visit her while I still had some time.

In order for me to get to Milwaukee as soon as possible, I decided to not go to the Barrel House with Jen. In hindsight, probably not my best choice. But anyways, I made it to Milwaukee around 5:30 p.m., and Lucie and I went to her favorite restaurant for appetizers. We sat and caught up on our busy lives and munched on some cheese curds (we were in Wisconsin, you know). 🙂 Then my parents arrived and we picked them up and had dinner. It was great to see Lucie and be back in Wisconsin.

The rugby game wasn’t until 1 p.m., so my parents and I had breakfast and explored the Third Ward of Milwaukee. I could absolutely see myself living there someday (not forever, but it’s pretty neat).

Broken finger ... ouch!

Broken finger … ouch!

After walking around most of the morning, we headed over to the field. It was a gorgeous day for rugby! The field is right next to Lake Michigan, so the background was beautiful. But remember when I said I broke my pre-game tradition? Yeah, I ended up breaking my finger!!! I went in for a tackle and my fingers got stuck in another player’s shorts. When I stood up, I instantly knew I broke my finger. Thankfully the game was almost over, so I didn’t miss out on too much. But the best part of getting hurt while playing Palmer rugby is the fact that I have access to free X-rays and unlimited resources. I was able to get in to the Chiropractic Rehabilitation and Sports Injury Department for X-rays on Monday, and there I found out I did indeed break the middle phalanx on my fourth digit.

Thankfully I had already taken my palpation practical, but now I have to figure out how to write for the rest of my finals. Palmer is very accommodating for injuries, and I was able to get extra time taking my finals. I also had the option for someone to scribe for me. This was a huge relief! My main way of studying is rewriting, so unfortunately I wasn’t able to study like I usually do, but I made it work.

Before I knew it, finals were over! I survived my second trimester at Palmer! What a relief. 🙂 But just because classes are over, doesn’t mean rugby is! I’ll have to tell you about our last two games and my break next time. 🙂

Callie