Break!

I started off my break at rugby practice. Since I have a broken finger, I can’t practice, but I can be there for support. So immediately after my last final I went to Starbucks, got a coffee and made my way to practice. It happened to be chilly on Thursday, so a hot coffee was perfect. 🙂

Marley the Cowardly Lion

Marley the Cowardly Lion

Then when I got home, I had to run some errands for my sister. I wasn’t even home yet, and she was putting me to work. My sister, brother-in-law, nephew and one of their dogs were going as the Wizard of Oz for Halloween. In order to pull this all together, my sister needed some random things at Goodwill. She also needed me to make a mane for their dog, Marley. I can tell you I have never made a mane before, and I never thought I would. But there’s a first time for everything! 🙂

After running around all day, I met up with the rugby girls for supper. We went to the Barrel House to do some team bonding and celebrate the end of the trimester. I ended up going home after trivia and went straight to bed. I had a list of about 20 things I had to do before our game on Saturday. So, as I mentioned, I had to work on this mane for Marley. I think I sat and looked at her measurements for an hour before I figured out what to do. I clearly was still exhausted from finals. Hehe. I also had to finish another nap-mat! Wahoo!

By the time I finished all of these sewing projects, I still had to pack and clean before I left on Saturday morning. I think I was up until 2 a.m. cleaning and packing. Ahhh! But I like to leave my apartment clean so when I come back I have one less thing to do. 🙂 And let’s be real, it was disgusting after finals because who has time for anything besides studying??

Since the game was in Madison, my parents came down to watch and then they brought me home after. My chiropractor also moved to Madison, so I was able to see her for the afternoon. 🙂 It was awesome to catch up with her and talk chiropracTIC. She’s the reason I am in chiropractic school!

After getting home, I spent my break being a full-time nanny for my nephew. 🙂 We went to the apple orchard, got pumpkins, went for hikes, watched some movies, read some stories, and made cookies. Aunties are the best, aren’t they? Hehe.

The faux fireplace my dad and I built

The faux fireplace my dad and I built

I also made a faux fireplace with my dad. It basically is a glorified TV console, but it looks cozy and homey. Eventually I will get some electric logs or a fireplace insert, but for now, it’s just for show. I love it. 🙂

Faux fireplace with faux logs!

Faux fireplace with faux logs!

But before I knew it break, was almost over. My dad brought me back to Davenport on Friday so we could transport the fireplace. We had our last rugby game of the season on Saturday. It was wet, cold and misting. But none-the-less it was a good day for rugby. I spent the rest of the day staining and painting my fireplace. And the last two days of break I spent watching Netflix. 🙂

And then before I knew it again, I was starting 3rd trimester! EEEEK! How is this happening?!

Callie