Dr. Johnson Provides Hands-on Care to Professional Athletes [Video]

My name is Dr. Dave Johnson, I’m a chiropractor. I adjust babies, I adjust grandmothers, I get a chance to work with famous celebrities and athletes like my son Zach Johnson. I change lives, what do you do?
What’s it like to be a chiropractor?
The best thing about being a chiropractor is being able to treat patients and help them along their health path naturally without drugs, without surgery. I mention my son and my son is Zach Johnson, PGA tour player. One of the important aspects of his daily routine on the golf course is to get adjusted and to make sure he’s functioning good. I think I adjusted him about two or three days after he was born. He’s been under chiropractic care all his life as he’s grown up but now that he’s on the PGA tour, on tour they do have chiros at every tournament sight and he gets adjusted on a very regular basis and has soft some soft tissue work done as well and that allows him to function at the highest level that he can and all these guys at world class levels, they want that and they need that so it’s not unusual that you’ll find a very high percentage of players in the PGA using chiropractic as well as other professional sports. I’ve been involved with Mount Mercy University with their sports for I think four years now. We work together with physical therapists, trainers, and even the first year massage therapists treating these players but we still have a great relationship so that sometimes the trainers will refer those athletes to my office because there’s something that is a little more serious and we want to check it out from the chiropractic spinal standpoint. When you are working with individuals you try to do the best you can for those athletes or for those patients. It’s been very fulfilling because your bottom line is your trying to take care of the patient and the athlete. To be able to do that by hand and to get great results and for people to be happy with the care is awesome.